The Chamber is currently seeking nominations for three annual awards to be presented at our Annual Meeting in November. The awards are described in general below. To submit a nomination you may download the complete awards criteria and nomination forms here.
Deadline for Nominations is Wednesday, October 8, 2014.
General Awards Criteria
• Recipient must have demonstrated excellence in their business or profession by conducting an ethical, profitable business.
• They must also have shown dedication to the community and to the Chamber by giving time, energy and resources.
• They must be a member in good standing of the Central Mass South Chamber of Commerce (except Citizen of the Year recipient).
• Nominated individuals must be actively involved in the day to day management of the member business.
• Board members currently in office are NOT eligible.
Business of the Year
Presented to an outstanding business in the community. They must have been in business at least 2 years and meet the general criteria listed above.
Chamber Volunteer of the Year
Awarded to an outstanding volunteer who has shown a consistent individual contribution through recruiting volunteers for Chamber projects, donating time to Chamber activities, events, projects, committees, and is a positive representative of the Central Mass South Chamber of Commerce and the region’s business community. Recipients must meet the general criteria listed above.
Citizen of the Year
This award was created to recognize individuals who have demonstrated leadership in community projects and organizations and are involved in the betterment of the community through active civic participation. Presented to the individual who has demonstrated outstanding civic leadership to the community. They must live or work within the Central Mass South Chamber’s service area and be active in more than one organization. They must have community involvement above and beyond professional obligations and have had input that made a positive impact on the Central Mass South region. Consideration will be given to both financial and volunteer/community service contributions. Elected officials currently in office are NOT eligible.