The Chamber Ensemble Trio Winds of the United States Air Force Band of Liberty will perform on Thursday, September 29th at 6:30 p.m. in the Reading Room Jacob Edwards Library, Southbridge.
This is a free event and everyone is welcome!
The BAND OF LIBERTY'S “TRIO WINDS”
Program to be selected from the following:
- Bluesmasters IV, op. 38 Don Stewart
- Divertimento no. 3, K. 439c W. A. Mozart Allegro
- Binks’ Waltz Scott Joplin arranged by Earl C. North
- Sonata in A minor Georg Phillip Telemann transcribed by Don Stewart
- Sinatra Favorites arranged by Brent Beech
- Three Pieces Walter Piston
- The Stars and Stripes Forever John Philip Sousa arr. by CMSgt Larry MacTaggart/SSgt Chris Stahl
Comprised of members of The New England Winds, the recently-formed “Trio Winds” presents an exciting and diverse program that strikes a great balance between masterworks of the Baroque and Classical periods, ragtime and jazz, contemporary literature and patriotic favorites. Utilizing the unique combination of flute, clarinet and bassoon, the group provides support for a wide variety of military functions in addition to free community relations and educational outreach performances across the Northeast. The three members of the ensemble bring years of study and professional experience to this intimate and dynamic chamber music medium. As professional military musicians, The United States Air Force Band of Liberty is dedicated to using the power of music to inspire our Air Force members and the great nation we serve, producing innovative musical programs and products, and communicating Air Force excellence throughout New England and around the globe.