Time: January 24, 2017 from 12pm to 1pm
Location: Chamber Conference Room
Street: 46 Hall Road
Website or Map: http://www.montignylandscapin…
Event Type: seminar, landscaping, lawns, plants
Organized By: CMS Chamber Online
Latest Activity: Jan 24, 2017
CMS Chamber Brown Bag Seminar Series
Most Common Landscaping Questions & Concerns
with Chamber Member Calvin Montigny
Tuesday, January 24, at Noon, Chamber Conference Room, 46 Hall Road, Sturbridge
Free for CMS Chamber Members, $50 for non-Members. Space is Limited! Please RSVP by January 20.
Call 508-347-2761 or email email@example.com to save your spot! Feel free to bring your lunch. Use our microwave to heat it up! Relax, learn and grow with us!
This Brown Bag lunch seminar will focus on the concerns heard most often by Calvin Montigny, whose 33 years in business as Montigny Landscaping in the Sturbridge area has focused on homeowners and residential landscaping. (www.montignylandscaping.com).
Come learn best practices for long-term health of lawns and plantings, installation of yard-enhancing features and best utilization of property for a pleasing natural outdoor environment. Bring questions of your own. The presentation emphasizes patience and devotion to one’s outdoor stock and environment rather than a quick-fix approach, in order to provide the greatest satisfaction year after year.
Major topic and discussion areas are:
1. Lawn in bad shape; “What’s wrong with my lawn?”
• Nutrient program or lack thereof
• Insect control
• Watering / drainage habits
• Soil and indicators of pH problems
• Recovery Time Expectations: realistic time line vs. “miracle” claims
2. What to do to spruce up for sale, curb appeal?
• Planning ahead
• Working with what you have; thinning, pruning, etc
• Newer, bigger plantings and their costs
• Hardscapes as an option
3. How to plan ahead for lot development – before excavation/lot clearing
• Siting within lot
• Consider existing natural assets
• Plan later enhancements now
4. Water: Handling the Watering Bans / Water Table Worries / Water Needs
• Dormancy for lawns
• Sod vs. Lawns
• Water efficiency
5. When is the right time to …?
• Install a hardscape
• Think about and plan for the above / consider engaging a professional