Time: August 4, 2018 at 9:30am to August 5, 2018 at 5pm
Location: Old Sturbridge Village
Street: 1 Old Sturbridge Village Road
Website or Map: http://www.osv.org/event/redc…
Event Type: museum, event, reenactment, osv
Organized By: Michael Arnum
Latest Activity: Jul 18
Redcoats & Rebels
See the largest military re-enactment in New England with nearly 1,000 soldiers portraying British, Irish, Spanish, Scottish, French and Colonial troops. The Village is transformed into a military camp from the time of the War for Independence, as it was known in early New England. Come see what it was really like for those who fought to win America's freedoms.
Daytime events on both days include activities such as:
• Mock battles and skirmishes
• Tours of the British and American camps
• "School of the Soldier" training demonstrations
• 18th-century Fashions in the Press featuring military and civilian clothing
• Cannon demonstrations
• Musket drilling with kids
• Martial music
• Help with camp laundry
• Learn scouting techniques during "Reconnoiter with a Ranger"
• Drilling and inspection of the troops
• Visit the battlefield hospital - see small pox inoculations and treatment of the wounded after the battles
• See the daily life of a Revolutionary War soldier - including delivery of uniforms, pay calls, and prisoner exchanges
• Play 18th-century baseball
• Attend a "Service for the Troops"
• Learn 18th-century dances
• Explore interactive miniature war gaming
Please note: Free admission passes may not be used on Redcoats & Rebels. Standard admission (or a Season Pass or Membership) apply.
This event is generously sponsored by: Dexter Russel