Bob Barnes and The McCurdy Group will present a two-hour interactive overview session designed to create awareness about Lean, to share some hands-on experiences, and leave you with some tools you can apply in your own work or personal environments.
- Removing waste from given activities in business operations
- What is waste, waste is a non-value added activity
- Value adding means whatever we offer provides value to the customer (customer will buy it)
- Focus Preserving value with less work
- Just in time thinking, managing resources
- Improving process, eliminate waste (time, materials)
What Lean Ultimately Can Do For You:
- Peace of mind in your process
How Lean Works:
While many people think of Lean as having application solely in the manufacturing sector where it had its genesis, Lean has become a fundamental approach for continuous improvement in both manufacturing and service industries worldwide.
A Lean organization understands customer value and focuses its key processes to continuously increase it. The goal of Lean is to identify and eliminate non-essential and non-value added steps in the business process in order to streamline production, improve quality and gain customer loyalty.
About Bob Barnes:
With over 35 years as a process improvement professional, Bob especially enjoys coaching on the application of Lean principles to make positive change. In addition to making significant contributions to organizations as an internal and external consultant, he has mentored over 100 project leads and helped train 500+ associates on Lean. Certified as a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, he holds his B.S. and MBA from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
Seating is limited to 12. Please RSVP by 8/15/2016 to Sherry Iacobucci: email@example.com or call 508-347-9343.